A Good Dilemma
Like any theatre arts school, New York University has an industry showcase every semester. Recently they held auditions for the graduating class of 2009 – my class! Seeing as I was not in new york to attend the audition in person, I sent in a snazzy Dvd. I wasn’t able to attend the callbacks as well, so I released my expectations into the universe and patiently waited to hear the results. And guess what...
Late last night I received a phone call that I was selected to participate in the showcase! A big triumph for me because I could not even audition in person and they saw something through the TV screen that pushed them to choose me. Very exciting. I have no idea how many people got chosen, all I know is that the first meeting is Monday. Wait. Rewind. Monday? Ahhhhhh!!! That’s only 2 days. Let’s take the pros and cons here. I have a part time job and an internship that I would sort of be abandoning if I took a flight Sunday night. I think it’s irresponsible not to talk to the folks at the talent agency in person. I don’t want to burn any bridges.
But in my heart of hearts I would love to show up in New York on Monday with my scarf and boots in tow. Who wants to miss the first meeting of anything they love? And you all know that Los Angeles is not really where my love lies.
I'm very anxious sitting here waiting for the assistant to the chair of the drama department to call me back. If their decision to have me involved in the showcase is jeopardized by me not being there Monday, then I will be in New York in less than 48 hours. It’s that simple.